Coronavirus: Welfare Support Fund
South Hams District Council, in association with Devon County Council launched a Local Support Fund to support those whose financial situation has been affected by the current pandemic and are now out of cash for basic essentials for their household.
The COVID-19 Welfare Support Fund can provide small emergency payments of up to £50 to help with basic essentials, essential travel costs, food support and gas and/or electricity meter top ups. You may be eligible if you are:
- An applicant who run their own business, and cannot currently trade, or their business has been drastically reduced because of the pandemic.
- An applicant whose employment situation has changed and their income now no longer covers needs.
- An applicant who have lost their job due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- An applicant who have had a delay in receiving their benefit allowances or have had an unexpected reduction in benefit income
- Any other one off unavoidable event which has impacted on finances and led to an immediate need for financial assistance to meet basic needs.
Prior to any award being made you may be required to engage with financial advice and/or and income and expenditure analysis.
Payments will not be made to meet the cost of utility bills, moving costs or rent contributions. If you would like information and assistance relating to managing bills, debts, moving costs, rent payments etc please contact the housing advice team who will be able to discuss your options with you.
How can I apply?
Before you start completing the form, please make sure you have the following information available:
- Details of bank/savings accounts and any balances on those accounts
- Copies of your most recent bank statement to upload to us
We will aim to consider applications received before 2.00 p.m. Monday to Friday the same day. Applications received after 2.00 p.m. will be considered the following day.
If you need to speak to someone before completing your application, please call us on 01803 861332.
Please use the button below to begin the application process. It should take no longer than fifteen minutes to complete.