Test and Trace Support Payments
If you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and have been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to financial support.
***Due to the unprecedented demand for Test and Trace support payments, it is currently taking longer than expected to process your claim. If you have not heard from us, please do not contact us within the first week after submitting your claim to give us time to process your application.***
Test and Trace Support Payment
If you meet all of the following eligibility criteria, you are entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment of £500:
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace on or after 28 September 2020 OR you are a parent of a child who has been told to isolate from 8 March 2021
- You are employed or self-employed
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
- You are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit and/or
- Pension Credit
- Please note, if you are not in receipt of one of these benefits you may still qualify for a payment from our discretionary fund. You can apply for this using the same form and by selecting "none" to qualifying benefits however, you must demonstrate that the reduction in your earnings will cause you financial hardship.
You must claim within 42 days of the start of your isolation period.
The Test and Trace Support Payment scheme will run until 30 September 2021
This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.
Please ensure that you have the following information available before starting the application:
- National Insurance number
- Your 8-character NHS Test and Trace Account ID
- Your most recent bank statement and your most recent wage slip or proof of self-employment. You will be asked to upload copies of these documents as part of the application process
Where Can I Find Other Help?
For more information about how we may be able to help you through this crisis, please visit our dedicated Residents' Information Page.
Privacy and Personal Data
For information about how we will use the data provided on this application form, please read our(PDF Download)
To read the policies covering the Test and Trace Payment schemes, please download the documents below.