Ivybridge Pedal Power
An exciting free, fun-filled cycle activity day for the whole family is being held in Ivybridge on Saturday 1 July.
This fun-filled, action packed day is aimed at the whole family, promoting the benefits of active travel in the South Hams.
- Velodrome cycling - suitable for anyone from beginners on balance bikes all the way to elite riders and even better, bikes and helmets are provided too! Sign up for a time slot when you arrive and race your friends to top the leader board.
- Guided bike rides for all the family around beautiful Ivybridge and into the surrounding areas run by Sustrans, and sponsored by Dartmoor National Park. Don't forget to bring your own bike and helmet for this one and sign up on the day.
- Adult confidence cycle taster sessions for those that want some extra support. These will be instructor-led sessions to give you the confidence to get back on your bike or on a bike for the first time. Bring your own bike and helmet or try one provided. Details will be posted of how to pre-book these sessions.
- Skateboarding sessions - if skateboarding is your preferred wheeled event, then come along to the coaching sessions that will be on offer on the day to get you rolling. Skateboards, helmets and pads provided. Sign up on the day.
- Dr Bike stand - bring your bike along for a free service thanks to Dartmoor National Park. Sign up on the day.
- Learn to ride in the sports hall - if you haven't managed those pesky pedals or prefer your balance bike bring them along to the sports hall for a whizz around.
- Alfresco spinning - if you prefer staying still for your cycling exercise, there will be outside spinning sessions - run by Fusion Leisure.
- Swimming- if you fancy leaving wheels behind altogether, then bring your swimsuit and children go free with a paying adult. The only paid activity of the day!
- Music from local bands in the afternoon
- Have your say - If you're passionate about cycling, wheeling and walking then have your say on the future of active travel in the South Hams by helping to develop routes that best suit your community. Stop by and have a chat with the Council's team to share your thoughts.
There will be a range of delicious local food and drinks from:
Where and When
The event takes place on Saturday 1 July from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Leonard's Road Car Park. Click on the map below for more details and directions.
Where can I lock my bike?
There will be a bike stand at the event entrance and metal railings that can be used on the outer edge of the event site. Other cycle storage locations are marked on the map.
What should I bring?
Do bring your bike and helmet for the guided rides, or if you want to have a go in the sports hall. Don't forget your swimming stuff if you fancy a dip in the pool.
Do I need to pre-book activities?
You may wish to pre-book some activities, please check the activity details under 'What's On'. However there will be an opportunity to sign up on the day for all activities.
Can you tell me more information about the velodrome?
The velodrome is open to anyone who can cycle or balance bike. Bicycles and helmets will be provided. It will be run by Street Velodrome with two cyclists on it at a time. Each participant will be able to do 5 laps and can choose to be timed to compete on the leader board for the day.
Will there be gluten free/vegetarian/vegan food available?
Yes, there will be gluten free and vegan food options available. RedPod Co will only serve vegetarian/vegan food.
The event is being run by South Hams District Council, Ivybridge Town Council, Fusion Leisure, Active Devon, Skate South Devon, Dartmoor National Park and Sustrans