Launch events will be taking place on
- Tuesday 29 May at 4.00 p.m. at Kilworthy Park, Tavistock
- Wednesday 30 May at 10.00 a.m. at Follaton House, Totnes
Interested parties can come along, find out more and sign up at the launch.
Please note that the launch events are for charities, community groups and good causes to sign up to the lottery,and are not open to the public.
To sign up live at the launch events via the digital SeaMoor Lotto portal, interested parties will need to provide:
- Cause name.
- Legal status (for example, registered charity, club, CIC, Society).
- Cause category (for example, animal, health, school, elderly).
- The area their service covers; the whole of South Hams, West Devon, or particular areas within the district or borough.
- A few sentences describing what the cause does.
- Lead contact details including address.
- Cause description; this will be displayed on your organisation's page explaining who the organisation is and why they need your support.
- Your logo to be uploaded onto the page - please bring on a memory stick
Organisations from the South Hams are very welcome to attend the launch at Kilworthy Park, and West Devon Organisations are equally welcome at Follaton House. Interested parties can also sign up remotely after the event.
For further information, or to RSVP your attendance at the launch event, please email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
To join, an organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within South Hams District or West Devon Borough Council boundaries,
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules,
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories,
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership,
- Have a detailed plan as to how the lottery will be promoted,
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee, with a minimum of three unrelated members, that meets on a regular basis (at least three times a year).
- A registered charity (if so the charity must provide details of charitable status including registered number where appropriate), with a board of trustees.
A registered Community Interest Company (if so, they must provide copies of their Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in their Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of their latest annual community interest report.
Who can't join
The following groups are not eligible:
- Organisations that do not work within the boundaries of South Ham and West Devon councils.
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit to shareholders and/or investors.
- Organisations with no established management committee or board of trustees (unless a CIC).
- All applications will be reviewed on their own merits.
- The Council reserves the right to accept or reject any application for any reason.
- The Council reserves the right to remove any organisation from participating in the lottery with a minimum of seven days notice for any reason.
- If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected, this removal will be immediate.