Toggle menu

Reductions (Discounts and Exemptions)

Single Person Discount

Discounts for residents who are the sole adult in a property.

A Resident has Died

If you need to notify the council that someone has died, you can find out how to do so here.

Disabled Residents

Find out about Council Tax reductions available for disabled residents, and how to apply.


Full time students can claim a reduction on their Council Tax. You can find more information about this here.

Empty Homes

Discounts for empty homes, or those undergoing major structural repair.

Carers and Care Workers

If you are caring for someone in your household (not your partner or a child under 18) you may be entitled to a discount on your council tax.


Find out about Council Tax Discounts for apprentices and youth trainees.

Severely Mentally Impaired

Find out about Council Tax discounts for persons with enduring mental health problems.

Class B Exemption

Empty properties which are owned by a charity are exempt from paying Council Tax for up to six months.

Council Tax Discretionary Discounts

Find out about Council Tax Discretionary Discounts for residents who may be experiencing financial hardship or distress.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email