Privacy Notice - Outdoor Events Bookings
South Hams District Council and West Devon Borough Council ("The Councils") take your privacy seriously.
We will use your information in order to administer the booking of outdoor events on Council land. This notice sets out what we will do with your personal information and who we may share it with in respect of the above.
What information about you do we collect?
We collect the following information:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
How do we collect information about you?
Relevant personal data will be collected:
- Directly from you as the data subject
How will your personal data be used?
Your personal data will be used in the following ways:
- Event planning
- Civil contingencies i.e. consulting with relevant external partners such as the Police, Fire Service etc to assess plans for events where there might be issues surrounding public safety.
The Legal basis for processing your data
- Article 6 1(e) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
We will share the information included within your application with members of our Safety Advisory Group, these include:
- Devon and Cornwall Police
- Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service
- NHS (Emergency Planning and South Western Ambulance Service)
- Devon County Council Highways
- HM Coastguard
- The relevant Harbour Master, if applicable
The Councils will never sell your data to anyone else.
Transferring of data outside the EU
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU. It will be securely stored electronically within the UK only, unless it was necessary for safeguarding or for the prevention and detection of crime.
Length of time we keep your information
The Councils will retain personal data for no longer than 6 years from when the record was created, under the Limitation Act 1980 (Section 2).
You have a number of rights under the General Data Protection Regulations. These can be found on the ICO website.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Controller for your information
|South Hams District Council||West Devon Borough Council|
Data Protection Officer
The Councils have a duty to appoint a Data Protection Officer. The Council's Data Protection Officer is Drew Powell, South Hams District Council/West Devon Borough Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE
If you have any queries about our privacy notices or would like to exercise your data rights or make a complaint, please contact the Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com, telephoning 01803 861234 or writing to them at Data Protection Officer, South Hams District Council/West Devon Borough Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE
If you are not happy with how we have handled your complaint, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office to raise your concerns about how we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your information:
- Telephone them on 0303 123 1113
- Visit their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
- Write to them at:
Information Commissioner's Office