If you would like to thank someone for going above and beyond in the past few months, why not nominate them for an Honour.
The Leaders of South Hams District Council and West Devon Borough Council have been so moved by the extraordinary acts of kindness and support that they have seen in their communities, that they have create a special award scheme.
The scheme would see residents, communities and businesses nominated to receive an award under specific categories.
Everyone nominated will be recognised on a special web page, so send in your photos and images, showing what they did. The Councils will each hold an award ceremony to personally thank the award recipients and the Lord Lieutenant of Devon will be notified of their achievements.
Cllr Judy Pearce, Leader of South Hams District Council said: "I am incredibly humbled by the way you all came together to show solidarity through this difficult time. We created these awards as a way of saying thank you and to recognise the huge efforts and sacrifices that you have made"
Cllr Neil Jory, Leader of West Devon Borough Council said: "We have heard wonderful stories of how communities came together to kept people safe and provided support to those people who were shielding, no matter how big or small the task. A huge thank you from me to you. I am sure that there are lots of people out there who would also like to say thank you to those who helped them. So please do nominate those special heroes for an award."
You can nominate someone under one of the following categories. Can you please do this online via this form:
• Community Leadership - example - someone who took on a really big role in leading a response within your area
• Star volunteer - example - someone who was out every day dog walking, collecting prescriptions
• Key worker - example - a key worker who went above and beyond their duty
• Organisation - example - community group or business that went above and beyond
• Innovative wellbeing scheme - example - a scheme that addressed isolation during lockdown
• Keeping spirits up - example - someone who did things to keep people's spirits up
You may also be interested to know that the National Honours this year are also recognising the great work that individuals have done through the pandemic, and a special category has been created for contribution to the response to the coronavirus crisis.
Nominate individuals for the National Honours Award - www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-honours-nomination-form