Dog Exclusion Areas (Except Beaches)
There are certain areas throughout the district where it is not permitted to take dogs at any time.
Under the Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014; Public Spaces Protection Order 2017 - Control of Dogs, there are certain areas in the district where it is not permitted to take dogs at any time.
It is an offence if a person in charge of a dog takes the dog onto, or permits the dog to enter or to remain, on any land to which this Order applies.
This article applies to all land within the Council's administrative area comprising:
- Any fenced, hedged or walled children's play area
- Any fenced, hedged or walled bowling green
- Any fenced, hedged or walled tennis court
- Any fenced, hedged or walled skateboard or BMX park
- Any fenced, hedged or walled putting green
- Any sporting or recreational facility pitch when sport is in play
- Any other beaches (in addition to those listed here) that the Authority may wish to include in this Order from time to time.
Exemptions to the Order
The following are exempt from this order:
- A person registered as blind in a register compiled under section 29 of the National Assistance Act 1948;
- A person who is deaf and who relies on a dog trained to be a Hearing Dog for the deaf;
- A person with a disability which affects their mobility, manual dexterity, physical coordination or ability to lift or who relies on an assistance dog trained by a prescribed charity;
- A person who is in charge of a dog for the time being employed for purposes in relation to agriculture, hunting, pest control, the police or rescue services.