Find out how to apply to change or remove a designated premises supervisor

In every premises licensed for the supply of alcohol, a Personal Licence holder must be specified as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). This will normally be the person who has day-to-day responsibility for running the premises.

In the event that the DPS changes, the Premises Licence must be varied to show the new DPS. It is important that we and the Police are notified of this change as soon as possible. The new DPS must also consent to this variation.


You can apply to change the Designated Premises Supervisor by completing an application form and sending it to us with:

  • The correct fee
  • Consent of individual being specified as DPS - download the form, complete it and upload it with the application if applying online
  • The premises licence or, if that is not practicable, a statement of the reasons for the failure to provide the licence.

Please see to apply for to change the Designated Premises Supervisor and email the application form to  :

If you make an application online, you are not required to send a copy of the application to the Responsible Authorities, we will do this for you. 


Please see the Premises Licence and Club Premises Certificate Fees pages