What is Data Protection?
We have a duty to look after the information we hold about individuals. This means that we must:
- Only use your information for lawful purposes
- Tell you what we are going to do with your information
- Not use it for other reasons
- Ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date
- Not ask for more information than we need to do our job
- Keep the information secure
- Not keep it longer than necessary
- Not send it to countries with less rigorous Data Protection laws than ourselves without your permission.
How do I find out what information the Council holds about me?
This is called a Subject Access Request. You can make a subject access request by:
- Completing the Subject Access request form available to download from the righ hand side of this page;
- In writing, either by email or post;;
The Subject Access Request Form will give you an idea of how to write or phrase your request.
You can submit your request to email@example.com.
How long until you hear from us?
- We must respond within one calendar month of receiving your request.