Please note, the following guidelines only apply to applications listed on the main schedule in the agenda.
To view the agendas for Development Management Committee, please see our website here.
If you wish to speak at a meeting, you should give notice of your intention to Member Services by 12:00 p.m. on the Monday prior to the Development Management Committee meeting held on the Wednesday of the same week (12:00 p.m. on the preceding Friday if the Monday is a Bank Holiday).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (for the attention of Janice Young) or phone 01803 861105.
If you have given the proper notification, you will be asked to address the Committee at the appropriate time. The order will be as follows:-
1. The Committee Chairman calls the item.
2. A planning officer presents the report containing the officer recommendation.
3. One objector may speak against the application (three minutes maximum or five minutes for a major application). If there is more than one objector wishing to speak, then only one person can be chosen as the spokesperson.
4. One supporter or the applicant may speak for the application (three minutes maximum or five minutes for a major application). If there is more than one supporter wishing to speak, then only one person can be chosen as the spokesperson.
5. A town or parish councillor may speak against or in favour of the application (three minutes maximum or five minutes for a major application). If there are more than one town or parish councillor wishing to speak, then only one can be chosen as the spokesperson. The spokesperson should reflect the views of the parish council.
6. For Member only discussions on the application, including any further questions, the Chairman may ask the objector, supporter or town or parish council representative to clarify a point of fact in very exceptional circumstances.
8. The Chairman may briefly explain the decision if necessary.
9. Next item.
Remember, the three (or five) minute maximum period will be your only opportunity to speak, unless the Chairman asks for clarification on a point of fact (see 6 above).
From 1 December 2019, the Council intends to live webcast all Development Management Committee meetings that take place in the Council Chamber. It can be viewed on our YouTube Channel.