Although most motorhomes prefer to park in caravan parks for safety and convenience, we do offer allocated parking in some car parks in South Hams District.
Please note we do not allow overnight camping in any of our car parks.
Where can I park my motor home?
Generally, vehicles over five metres are not permitted in Council-owned car parks. However, as a concession, motor homes which are larger than the size of a standard bay may park in the following car parks.
- Totnes - Longmarsh car park
- Kingsbridge - Cattlemarket car park
- Ivybridge - Leonards Road car park
- Slapton - Memorial car park in unmarked area
- Dartmouth - Park & Ride car park
- Modbury - Poundwell Meadow overflow car park
There are no barriers to restrict height in any of these car parks
Terms and conditions
- One ticket per bay must be purchased - e.g. If the vehicle takes up two bays then the driver must purchase two pay and display tickets and clearly display both of them in the windscreen of the vehicle
- The vehicle must not cause any obstruction to other car park users
Please note: overnight camping or sleeping is not permitted in any council car park at any time.