Toggle menu

Benefits and Support

View your Council Tax Account and Housing Benefit Payments online

Use our online service to keep track of your Housing Benefit payments.

View your Entitlement Letters online

Use our online service to check payments, update us and more.

Make a New Claim

Most people who want to make a new claim will need to claim Universal Credit, but there are some exceptions.

Change an Existing Claim

If something has changed recently, such as your earnings, people you live with, contact details or savings, let us know about it here.

Self Employed Earnings

If you need to tell us about a change in your self-employed earnings, or we have asked for your updated accounts, you can do so here.

Review an Existing Claim

If you have been asked to complete a Benefits Review Form, you can do so here.

Test and Trace Support Payments

If you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and have been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to financial support.

Low Income - Council Tax Reduction

If you are on low income, you may be able to apply for Council Tax Reduction (CTR) to reduce the amount you have to pay.

Upload Documents for Benefits

Please use this form to send us evidence to support your application for housing benefit or council tax reduction.

Help with Rent - Discretionary Housing Payments

If you need to submit a claim for Discretionary Housing Payments you can do so here.

Household Support Fund

Find out about the household support fund, which can help with short-term financial support for households experiencing hardship.

Debt and Welfare Advice

Are you having trouble making ends meet? Find out how to get help here.

Housing Benefit Appeals

You must contact us in writing within one month of receiving your decision letter.

Council Tax Reduction Appeals

You must contact us in writing within one month of receiving your decision letter.

Housing Benefits Overpayments

Find out about repaying overpaid Housing Benefit.

Benefit Fraud

Find out about Benefit Fraud, including what it is and how you can report it to us or the DWP.

Local Housing Allowance Rates

Find out the Local Housing Allowance rates for the South Hams area.

Contact Our Benefits Team

If you have a general enquiry about housing benefit or Council Tax Reduction, you can ask it here.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email